Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Jan 14 No need for a/c

Our first clue should have been the piles of broken glass in the pull off at the corner of Estrella Road and Hog Canyon Road. We made some jokes about it, but we've always parked there and it is out in the country, for heaven's sake.

Off we went on a beautiful 20 mile bike ride. The temperature was just right and the hills were green. The last five miles are rolling hills that you can almost coast up from the downhill of the last hill. It makes me almost giggle it is so fun.

When we got back to the car, Lee noticed a rock on the dashboard from the passenger side of the car and started to wonder about it until he saw the glass on the driver's side.

Nothing was taken; we had nothing in the car. But, he didn't even unlock the car doors. The deputy I spoke with said they had no suspects and he was so sorry this happened on our vacation. I told him there were jerks in Idaho, too. Turns out his wife was born and raised in Cascade and her sister lives in Boise. Not a real great way to meet someone, but it was a nice connection and we had a pleasant visit.

So, Linda D and Frank swept the glass out of the car.  Lee and I put on our chilly willy hats, turned the heat on high and headed back home to Cambria. I stopped myself from asking Lee to roll up his window and he did not remind me to make sure I locked the car up when we got home. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment