Monday, January 12, 2015

Jan 12 Pure magic!

Our day started out walking along the bluffs overlooking the ocean. Looking for treasures in the sand, throwing the ball for Nanni to chase, looking eye-to-eye with a harbor seal.

After  lovely stroll we got down to a serious task: finding a flutter of Monarchs. We had seen a small group across from San Simeon State beach. So, we headed up the trail. Unfortunately, there wer no butterflies flitting around us. I was starting to think that maybe I had been mistaken. But, then, Debra saw a small flutter maybe a half dozen, then a dozen and I knew they had to be close by. Lee and I disregarded the "Stay on the trails" sign and headed through the meadow beneath 100 foot tall Monterey Pines. And, then through the branches I saw them hanging from the branches. I signaled to Lee and the the others and ran uphill to the so silent and so alive sight. I felt a shiver that started in my feet and worked it's way up to the roots of the hair on my head as I stood watching in awe this magical fairyland. I have no words to describe it, so here photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment