Monday, October 10, 2016

Studio Time 2014-2015

Where does one go when one feels the need to learn more?

I have a Bachelors Fine Art. My emphasis was ceramics. But, as time moved away from my graduation date, my life became more and more busy. I would start projects in clay and then not be able to get back to them for weeks. Finally, after acquiring buckets and buckets of dried up clay, I decided to turn my attention to painting. With Studio Time I began to produce a few paintings. But, I wasn't satisfied with what I was creating.

I began to buy a few books written by artists that painted in a more abstract way. A friend of mine had taken an on-line painting and suggested I check it out. The teacher was Karine Swanson and her class opened up an avenue for my painting.

For the first time, I found a series that I wanted to explore over and over. Abstracted guitars began to appear on canvases in oil. It felt free and using the bright colors that I love made me smile.

A little something started to change in Guitar 6...birds.
Cool Crows

No comments:

Post a Comment